Thursday, May 29, 2008

Poop Success to Poopy Mess

I know that toilet training takes time, but sometimes I wish I could just snap my fingers and *poof* it would be done. I think so far the boys have done really well overall. They each seem to average two accidents per day, but not major ones. Just a little wet spot on the front, then they're able to finish the job in the toilet.
Each boy has had a successful bowel movement in the toilet. Today Owen even ran to the bathroom on his own to sit on the toilet. I find it interesting how each boy reacts to praise. Owen gets a little shy and I can picture him as the boy in high school who says, "Mom, take it easy. You're embarrassing me," then tries to act all nonchalant. This is the vibe he sends when I load on the praise after he drops a twosie in the toilet. Drew on the other hand, claps and jumps up and down and says, "Yay! Drew did it!" then runs around and tells everyone. When we call Grandpa on the phone, the first thing Drew says is, "I poop a toilet."
Each boy has also had a mess in their pants, within 20 minutes of pooping in the toilet. I guess the next thing to work on is returning to the toilet, or staying on it until the bowels have been moved.
I don't know if anyone is still even reading this blog, but if any of you readers have any experiences or tips that might help other readers, feel free to email me and I can turn them into a post.

No comments: