Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"Toilet" and "Floor" Are Not Synonyms

I promised that this blog would contain some grossness; this post is not for the faint of stomach!
Drew and Owen have only had one successful BM on the toilet each. They just save up for nap time or bed time when I put their diapers on them (we opted not to spring for pull-ups). Every now and then, though, there will be a surprise in their underpants. I just dump the lump into the toilet and say, "Poop goes here." Then we flush it down and yell, "Good bye, poop!"
Today was different, though. Drew came into the kitchen all excited and yelled, "I poop in the toilet!" When I went to inspect, there was nothing in the toilet. Thus commenced the game of "Find the Fecal Matter." Apparently, Drew for some reason thought it would be a good idea to go into the laundry room (maybe because the cat box is in there?), remove his shorts and poop on the floor. It was easily cleaned; just scoop, dump, flush, then wipe the floor with a Clorox wipe.* But still. Had it not happened at all? Would have been even better.
*During a lesson in church one Sunday, the teacher asked us to think about what items have been invented in the last 50 years that we are grateful for. I don't remember how it tied into the lesson. Anyway, pre-kids, I would have said cell phones, Internet, things like that. I'm still really grateful for those things, but these days at the top of my list are Clorox wipes and Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.

2 comments:

abby's photo shoppe said...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25057503

I found this article. The comments are kind of informative. Thought you would like it.
Abby

Patti said...

my son is 2 1/2 and i read about 6 books before starting the training. he is my 3rd kid- my first (boy) trained rather easily by way of "toilet training in less than a day". my second (girl) was a huge endeavor and a pain. so when thinking about the dreaded toilet again, i thought i should prep a little more. we used the doll method (teaching the doll how to use the toilet), and we are 6 days in to it. he pees really well, but the poo is not working out. literally. this is day 2 with now BM. he's told me about 10 times today that he wanted to go poop, and we sit and make grunting sounds and cheer and everthing, but still no sucess. i've learned that theories, books, articles and hearsay are all fine and good, but each kid is different, and i disagree with anyone who has a "fail-proof" method.
anyway--any suggestions about the poop? thanks